Dare to be Sassy Thursday #133

Good morning! Are you ready for another Sassy Studio Design DTBST Challenge.  This weeks challenge is one of my favorite kind of challenges.  Can you guess what it is.  Okay, here goes. 

Challenge #133 is a Sketch created by the very talented Kathy Curry.
Now here is my take on the sketch ...


This lovely is called "Little Honey - Cupcake Honey" and you can find her in the store here.  The first step I took was to print Cupcake Honey on Neenah Solar White cardstock, and on two different DP.  The cupcake holder and her dress were paper pieced, with the addition of some Copics to her dress.  The rest of Cupcake Honey was colored with my Copic Markers, while the candle was colored with a Sky Blue Spica Pen, White and Metallic Gelly Roll Pen.  Crystal Stickles were added to the candle for more shimmer and along the bottom of the flag.  Once again I did quite a bit of fussy cutting for my creation.  The sentiment is from A Muse Studio.

I was going for masculine when I created this card so I could give it to my son for his 26th birthday last Friday.  We celebrated his birthday by helping him move into his new house.  That is the last time I do that in 105 degree weather! It was a hot one!

I would love to see your interpretation of this weeks Sketch.  All the details about the challenge, and some amazing projects by the rest of the Design Team are over at the Sassy Studio Designs Blog.  Remember, you don't need to use a Sassy image to participate!

Until next time ... Enjoy!

Ruza

Other products used ... Navy cardstock from A Muse Studio, DP from DCWV Tradewinds & Linen Closet, DP used for paper piecing was from some candy - product unknown, Navy Ribbon from Michael's, various Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Dauber, Crafty Power Tape, Dauber, Quickly Glue Pen, Mini Glue Dots, 3D Foam Squares and my trusty ATG.

Comments

Kate said…
Such a cute card. Love the color you used.
Ruza, this is too cute! Great colors and coloring.
Shelby said…
Dear Lord I bet you shed a couple of pounds working in that heat!! I'm sure your son loved it and love the sketch you've used! Great coloring as well.

Shelby
Star said…
So very pretty! Great coloring, and I love the papers you used. (I like the gold flame, too!)

xx Star