Happy Birthday to You ...

Good morning! I'm hosting the Art by Miran Blog today. Our "Theme" for the month of June is to create "Anything but a Square Card". Since I don't make many square cards, this one is easy for me.


One of my nieces will be tuning 18 next month so I printed up the lovely Flutterby. I colored her while on vacation last week while my daughter napped. I only took Copic Markers for the skin, and then colored the rest of her with my Faber-Castell Polychrome Pencils. It's the first time I've combined mediums for coloring. It was a challenge but I love how she turned out.


I fussy cut  Flutterby after I got home. My design was inspired by the Sweet Sunday Sketch #273. The top and bottom border, along with the birthday sentiment are SRM Stickers.


I changed up the sketch a bit by adding the sentiment across the front on Grafix Clear Craft Plastic, and then left off the circle. I used my Copic Air Brush to color the doily using Copic YR02 & YR04, and then applied the same colors to the background behind Flutterby.



I appreciate you stopping by today.
Until next time ... Enjoy!


Products not listed above ...
 - Cardstock: Neenah Solar White 80# Smooth, Bazzill Marma Blast, The Paper Company Primary Green
 - Other: SRM Stickers ... #55008 Thinking of You Fancy Sticker Sentiments (border) & #62001 Birthday Stickers by the Dozen, Ellen Hutson Medium Doily

Comments

Marjeta said…
Beautiful coloured image. Coloures are so vibrant. Like it.

Marjeta
Unknown said…
Such a cute image and it is beautifully colored. Love the choice of colors. Great job!
Amber Sheaves said…
Such pretty coloring. I'm sure your niece will love it. Thanks for playing with our birthday challenge at The Paper Girls!
such a stunning card love the colours :)
Ela said…
Wonderful colouring, so lovely.
Thanks for joining us over at Challenge up your Life.
Hugs
Ela
SweetScraps said…
Beautiful image and coThanks for playing along with our PaperGirls birthday challenge!louring, she will love it!