Papertry Ink SAF 2015 Threads Challenge ...

Time for another project for the Papertry Ink Project Stamp-A-Faire 2015
Next up is the SAF 2015 Threads Challenge ...


There are two different Threads Challenges, and I went with the Thread Nests Challenge by Lauren Bassen.


The back-splash for my card was created by sponging Harvest Gold and Orange Zest Die Ink onto Stamper's Select White cardstock. I then sponged Fine Linen and Dark Chocolate Die Ink onto another piece, and used the Cover Plate; Triangles Die to cut out the design. I cut extra pieces of the die to get the dimension, and adhered it to my back-splash.

Next up is the Thread Nest. I've seen this technique in a lot of cards lately so that's one of the reasons I wanted to try it. I used plain white thread for my nest, and added the Wonderful Words: Thank You Die for my sentiment. Once again I cut extra pieces of the die to get the dimension. Once all was put together I added some White Opal Liquid Pearls around the sentiment.

Here's a closer look at the sentiment and Thread Nest ...


I truly enjoyed watching Lauren's video and had a blast creating my card for this challenge.

Challenges entered ...
 - SAF 2015 Threads Challenge  
 - Brown Sugar Challenge #161 ~ Make the Sentiment BIG
 - Ruby's Rainbow Challenge #111 ~ Diecuts or Punches
 - Simon Says Wednesday Challenge ~ Anything Goes
 - DRS Designs Challenge #189 ~ Feeling Sentimental

That's all for me tonight. I'll be back tomorrow to share some more projects.

Until next time ... Enjoy!



Comments

Helen said…
A very striking card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow for our 'Dies or Punches' challenge.
Hugs Helen P x
Bonnie said…
Amazing card! The colors and pattern remind me of Africa.
Jingle said…
I love the inking on this! Great card! Thanks so much for playing along with us for Anything Goes week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!
Helen said…
A great card - thanks for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenge and I hope you'll join us for our next challenge.

Helen N x
Unknown said…
Very nice card! Thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar Challenge again this week!
Giada
nwilliams6 said…
What a great glow you achieved on this card!!! I love the colors and that die!!! Thanks so much for sharing your very trendy and cool card with us in the DRS Designs Challenge!